CHEURAM at a glance

CHEURAM Consulting Group is a Hong Kong – based consulting boutique with expertise in selected industries and activities. With in-depth knowledge, extensive experience and a solid network of trusted partners in many parts of the world we are a valuable advisor to our clients.

CHEURAM merges sound business practices with legal services in China and elsewhere. It is more than a law firm and more than a business consultant – it is a one-stop professional advisor.


Hong Kong:
1205-6, Kinwick Centre
32 Hollywood Road
Central, Hong Kong

T (+852) 8191-4390
F (+852) 6396 6639

Office Germany:
T (+49 40) 32 43 33



Our Contribution to your Success


Error in menu theme!

Corporate relocation, visa & residence – europe

cheuram-visa-residenceCentral Europe with the European Union and its associated countries has had traditional ties with China throughout the centuries. While modern means of transportation have replaced the Silk Road and Chinese and European scholars have made important contributions to the cultures in the East and the West, the recent years have shown that there is an ever-growing interest in trade and education.

While Chinese consumers enjoyed Western brands, every household in Europe depends on products manufactured in China and while many children in the West learn Chinese, students and their parents from China realize that a degree from a foreign university or college will be valuable for the year career at home.

CHEURAM with its roots in China and Europe could not be better suited as a facilitator of these business and academic goals.

In business, CHEURAM is an experienced and qualified partner for assisting Chinese companies to set up a base in Europe.

Business relocation to Europe

A Service for Companies Planning to Locate in Europe

CHEURAM supports companies that intend to establish facilities or a branch office in Europe with a comprehensive package ranging from location consulting to investor support and a real estate service. Logistics, aviation industry, renewable energy, maritime industry and media, IT and telecommunication (MITT) firms can take advantage of CVHEURTAM´s specific industry services.

Commercial Property Service

CHEURAM works closely with government bodies, commercial real estate agencies and brokers to provide you with all the information and contacts you need. CHEURAM will assist you in finding the perfect premises.

  • Dedicated CHEURAM database search for suitable office space, warehousing, storage or commercial sites
  • Brokerage of flexible deals in business parks and industrial estates
  • Cost comparison: purchasing vs. renting property
  • Office service options

Please make sure to contact our support team for details


Legislation on Chinese Nationals

Chinese nationals require a valid passport and a visa to enter Germany.

Foreign visitors can, of course, conduct negotiations or conclude contracts. An alternative solution may be to obtain a so-called business visa, issued for multiple entries and a total duration of stay of up to 90 days within a six-month period. With such a visa, foreign nationals can not only propare a business start-up, but also establish additional contacts and engage in other business activities.

Visa/ Residence Permit Applications

As a Chinese national, you will usually require a residence permit if you plan to stay in Germany for more than three months. This permit must be applied for and issued before you travel to Germany. You can apply for a visa and residence permit at the German embassy or consulate general in China. A list containing the addresses of Germany’s diplomatic representations abroad is available from the Federal Foreign Office.

Visa applications usually require about three months to be processed. The initial, three-month residence permit is issued by the diplomatic representation in your country of origin. Once you have entered Germany, you can apply for a 15-month extension of your residence permit at the aliens registration office in your district. This permit can subsequently be extended once more. A different set of visa regulations applies to business representations.

Work Permits

A specific visa is required for foreign nationals intending to work in Germany. A differentiation is made between employed (hired) and self-employed persons. Prospective employees must apply for a separate work permit in conjunction with the visa.

The work permit requirement does not apply to:

  • Senior management personnel with power of attorney or representation
  • Managing directors of a joint stock or limited liability company (AG, GmbH) or majority shareholders of a partnership (OHG, KG)
  • Head of the representative office of a foreign company with sole power of representation or unlimited power of attorney.

CHEURAM will assist you in obtaining a residence permit.